[Histonet] Decal procedures-assessing endpoints

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 09:57:49 CDT 2008

The "softness" of the tissue fragment, how it bends or compresses, will give you the most practical way of determining the decal end point.
  Be careful with the bending to prevent breaking a piece not decalcified yet.
  René J.

Greg Dobbin <gvdobbin <@t> ihis.org> wrote:
  Hello Colleagues,
Can some of you share with me, your guidelines for determining
appropriate submersion times for sections of bone or other calcified
bits in RDO (Trade name) post-fixation but prior to processing
(obviously). I guess it is a subjective call by necessity!?
Thanks,
Greg

Greg Dobbin, R.T.
Chief Technologist, Histology Lab
Dept. of Laboratory Medicine,
Queen Elizabeth Hospital,
P.O. Box 6600
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8T5
Phone: (902) 894-2337
Fax: (902) 894-2385

There is some merit in doing the right thing rather badly,
but absolutely none in doing the wrong thing excellently!