[Histonet] Barley roots

Ian Montgomery ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 08:16:11 CDT 2008

            A question for the botanical histologist. I've just fixed,
processed and cut barley roots for histology, so next is the staining for
general structure. Being a humble physiologist it's back to the books for
techniques. I've got a copy of Plant Microtechnique and Microscopy by Steven
Ruzin and several techniques look good. Johansen's safranin and fast green
or safranin O and orange G seems appropriate, but am I on the right track
and which one? Comments on botanic staining would be welcome.

Ian.

Dr. Ian Montgomery,

Histotechnology,

I.B.L.S. Support Unit,