[Histonet] c. elegans

Allen, Rhonda RRA <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Thu Mar 20 09:06:07 CDT 2008

The only way I know to fix them without nicking them is to use a high pressure freezer and then use freeze substitution.

Thanks,

Rhonda

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:23:24 -0700
From: "Danielle Crippen" <dcrippen <@t> buckinstitute.org>
Subject: [Histonet] C. Elegans fixation
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Cc: Cathy Vitelli <cvitelli <@t> buckinstitute.org>

Hello Histo-experts,

Can you please share your favorite worm fixation methods with me??  I've
had great success in EM prep using 2% PFA 0.2% gluteraldehyde in
cocodylate buffer.  BUT-I had to "nick" the worms to get infiltration of
the fixative.  I now have a user who would prefer to avoid the "nicking"
technique for his application, but so far, we're experiencing
insufficient fixation.  Any/all advice is very welcome!!!

Many thanks in advance!

danielle

Danielle Crippen

Morphology and Imaging Core