[Histonet] C. Elegans fixation

Philip Oshel oshel1pe <@t> cmich.edu
Wed Mar 19 13:03:12 CDT 2008

Danielle,

This is a good question for the microscopy list (subscribe at
http://www.microscopy.com ). There's probably a C. elegans list that
would be good to consult.
There are also excellent resources on the web. A particularly good
one is David Hall's lab, the Center for C. elegans anatomy at
http://www.aecom.yu.edu/wormem/
There are excellent methods here.
Good luck! Intact C. elegans is non-trivial. The cuticle causes much
fuss and bother, and most people doing EM use high-pressure freezing
methods, followed by freeze-substitution embedding.

Phil

--
Philip Oshel
Microscopy Facility Supervisor