[Histonet] Leica Slide Printer

Thomas Jasper tjasper <@t> copc.net
Fri Mar 14 12:10:46 CDT 2008

Hey Susan,

We used a Leica slide printer at the medical center I was previously at.
I believe having clipped corners is pretty much a necessity with the
printer.  Yes, it will work without them but you are prone to a lot more
trouble with the unit.  We used to get multi-colored, cut corner slides
for use with it.  I don't recall the vendor off the top of my head, but
I'm sure someone on this list, or your Leica rep could direct you to a
source.
Our IT guy set it up to read the LIS work list. You could then command
(through a PC) the slide printer to create slides needed for cases as
they were accessioned during the day.

Good Luck,

Thomas Jasper HT (ASCP) BAS
Histology Supervisor
Central Oregon Regional Pathology Services
Bend, Oregon 97701
541/693-2677

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Pemberton, Susan
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 9:17 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: Livingston, Glenda S
Subject: [Histonet] Leica Slide Printer

Our laboratory is a new user of the Leica Slide Printer.  We previously
used the TBS slide etcher.  We are having trouble with our new printer
and the vendor suggested that we were using the wrong slides.  Has
anyone had experience with the slides for this printer?  We currently
are using Evermark slides without clipped corners.  We need multiple
colors of slides because of the various hospitals and types of cases our
laboratory serves.  Thank you, Susan

Susan L. Pemberton MS, MT(ASCP)SM,DLM
Laboratory Administrative Director . Baptist Health 800 Prudential Drive
. Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904) 202-2016 . Fax: (904) 202-2795

NOTICE: This message is confidential, intended for the named
recipient(s) and may contain information that is (i) proprietary to the
sender, and/or,(ii) privileged, confidential and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable Florida and federal law, including, but
not limited to, privacy standards imposed pursuant to the federal Health
insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"). Receipt
by anyone other than the named
recipient(s) is not a waiver of any applicable privilege. Thank you in
advance for your compliance with this notice.