[Histonet] Washing out formalin fixation (Lengthy)

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:57:18 CDT 2008

Nobody is suggesting that this is the way to perform antigen retrieval and
I wanted to make that clear.  What are you talking about anyway?  Washing
the tissue with water as a method of antigen retrieval or alcohol fixation
during processing due to inadequate time in formalin?

Find me just a few labs that do antigen retrieval by washing with water for
days and then you can say this is how it works in the real world.

I gave an answer to the original question too.  The question was about
reversing the effects of formalin fixation, on tissue, by rinsing with
water.  You are talking about tissue being fixed by alcohol during
processing, due to limited time in formalin (these are different topics).