[Histonet] Re: Processing fatty breast tissue and fatty derm tissue

Ramona Turner mona_diane <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:25:39 CST 2008

I also would like some advice on processing fatty tissue.  I have tried using Pen-Fix prior to processing, but my pathologist complain about an artifact and refuse to use it anymore.  Can't explain that one.  I am currently processing with formalin x2, 70% x2, 95% x2, 100% x2, clearing x2.  I thought the dehydration step should be increased on the fatty tissue, but you are saying that is not the problem?  Can someone else please offer some experience on this issue.

Ramona Turner, HT (ASCP)
Potomac Hospital
Woodbridge, VA