[Histonet] Paraformaldehyde fixation and membrane Antibody

karen Cai kcai <@t> prosci-inc.com
Wed Mar 5 18:06:11 CST 2008

=20
=20
Hello All,
I am just wondering whether it=92s OK to use 4% paraformaldehyde as
fixation agent for cells when I try to detect the membrane protein.
Which kind of fixation agent is the best? I know formaldehyde is a
cell-permeable agent. So even I don=92t use the Triton X-100 to
permeablize the cell, the reagent can still move readily into living
cells and cause wrong staining. Am I right?
=20
Thanks in advance,
=20
Best Regards,