[Histonet] problem with vibratome slicing

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 10:27:41 CST 2008

If you are washing with distilled water, that can be the cause. Also after the sections are in the slide fix them in NBF for at least 5 minutes.
  You could fix them with NBF vapors: place 5 mL of NBF in a Coplin jar, add the slides (the sections will not be touching the NBF), cap the Coplin jar and place it in a water bath at 60ºC for 5 minutes (after the contents reached the water bath temperature).
  Take the slides out and wash them gently in tap water. I think they will survive if you procede tis way.
  René J.

alonso.martinezcanabal <@t> utoronto.ca wrote:

Hi
My last e-mail did not appeared in the list, for I do not wat reason.
Well, I was telling you that I am trying to have nice sections
mounted right away in vibratome, in poly-l-lysine coated slides.
Everyting is fine, until I want to wash the brain sections with water
to perform and HE counterstaining, and the sections fall off. What
could be happen? why with gelatin coated slides this does not happen?
I have to do it with p-l-l because my protocol requires HAR and
gelatin does not support that.
Thank you very much
Alonso