[Histonet] HMB45 antibody

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Thu Jun 26 15:10:29 CDT 2008

I had little or no success with HMB45 on canine tissue.  I use Melan-A
exclusively; that works fine.

Jan Shivers
Senior Scientist
Histology/IHC/EM Section Head
University of Minnesota
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
1333 Gortner Ave.
St. Paul, MN  55108
612-624-7297
shive003 <@t> umn.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: "MaryAnn Dixon" <DixonM <@t> vetmed.ufl.edu>
To: <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:56 PM
Subject: [Histonet] HMB45 antibody

Hi histonetters,

Anyone out there successfully using a monoclonal HMB45 antibody on
canine tissues?  I think I've read a dozen papers all with different
protocols and my eyes are about to pop out of my head!  Currently I'm at
a 1:50 dilution with a pretreatment in a citrate buffer (pressure
cooker). I have my choice of a polymer based detection as well as a
biotinylated detection.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

MaryAnn Dixon  BS

Biological Scientist

Anatomic Pathology