[Histonet] Re: H&E quality check. .

Anne van Binsbergen annigyg <@t> gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 23:52:10 CDT 2008

we have a tissue array (tonsil, kidney, skin, L/N, appendix) block which we
made ourselves by using a dermatology punch tool
identical slides are cut and kept in a box
each morning we stain one and it gets viewed by a senior tech - the path
does not have time for such matters!!
results logged, adjustments noted, signed off, logs filed, slides filed -
all ready for CAP to scrutinise

if we adjust the stain (or anything else) we run another QC slide and relog
the results

we are in the process of making an extended array for a whole bunch of
specials too

its a pain in the @$$ but my staff are used to the process now

ideally it should be done the 'samurai' way - but im just the tech - what do
i know!!! ;))
annieinarabia

--
Anne van Binsbergen (Hope)