[Histonet] Re:Mucin containing cells too blue

DNon d.non <@t> verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 17:01:25 CST 2008

I had this very same issue with Surgipath Hematoxylin a few months ago.
Jumped through hoops to try to fix the problem.  Found a very effective and
fast solution after getting excellent responses on Histonet:  I changed
brands of hematoxylin.  Kept Surgipath reagents for the rest of our H&E
staining, but switched to a rebranded Hematoxylin from a local source (
Belair Instruments in New Jersey...dont know who the actual manufacturer of
the Hematoxylin is, but it works great).  It seems more than a few other
people have had the exact same issue with Surgipath hematoxlyin.  Alot of
people had switched to various different brands and fixed the problem.  Its
a shame as we used the Surgipath brand hematoxylin for 12 years without
issue until this happened.

D.Non
Ocean County Medical Lab
Brick, New Jersey