[Histonet] Help finding a rat Fas antibody similar to Jo2 for mouse

Jones, Lynne jonesly <@t> mir.wustl.edu
Wed Jan 30 12:53:13 CST 2008

Hello -
We are hoping to locate an antibody for use in rats similar to the Jo2 hamster anti-mouse Fas antibody.  I checked my usual online databases and can find anti-Fas antibodies produced in rats, but none that claim to react with rats.  Is anyone aware of such a product?  Based on a published papers, Jo2 is specifically non-reactive with rats, as are several other monoclonal and polyclonal Abs.  (The PI did an exhaustive search about 5 years ago, but I'm hoping there may be something more recent.)

This would be used for both intratracheal instillation into the rat lung, and possibly for IHC on rat tissues following different models for cell death/injury.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance from the collective wisdom of HistoNet.

Thanks,
Lynne Jones

Lab Manager
Radiological Sciences
Saint Louis, Missouri

The materials in this message are private and may contain Protected Healthcare Information.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.