[Histonet] PhD in CLS

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Mon Jan 28 19:00:41 CST 2008

I know that this topic might not affect histology know, but I'm sure it will later. I was just reading the survey results in Advance for Laboratory Medicine and many MTs are for it, surprising as it is. I know that there are many of you with doctorate degrees and I'm wondering how you think this affected your employment, salary and positions.
Right now I'm struggling with myself to get a graduate degree. The lazy side of me is saying what will it get me? I'm as far as I can go in my current position. There just isn't any higher positions for a PA working for the military. The rational side says education is never wasted.
Just a thought. Wow, I know this is pretty deep for me. See, I bet some of you thought I didn't have a serious side.

JTT