[Histonet] Rat corpus callosum formation

Nejat nyilmaz <@t> mersin.edu.tr
Mon Jan 28 13:10:57 CST 2008

Hi, we have recently started to work on corpus callosum formation in the
developing mamalian forebrain. First  we performed a  pilot study to see the
callosol axon projections on E 14  and E 17 mouse  foetus brain regarding
the reference studies. We  could see the callosal axons on the coronal
sections as shown in the references  . But  we decided to run the study with
rat foetuses instead of mice because of the lack of the  facilities. However
we could not find any spesific timing information in the  literature about
CC formation in rats . We wonder when CC  spesificly begins and ends to form
during the rat gestation and also where  we suppose to see the growing
callosal axons on E 14, 15 and 17 on the coronal histological sections in
rats.

I would greatly appreciate if you could inform me about these issues .

Thank you in advance for any information you can suggest me.

Yours Sincerely

Dr. Necat Yilmaz
Mersin Universitesi Tip Fakultesi
Histoloji ve Embriyoloji Anabilim Dali