[Histonet] Herxheimer's Stain

as3323 <@t> columbia.edu as3323 <@t> columbia.edu
Wed Jan 23 21:31:01 CST 2008

Hello Histonet,
   A colleague has suggested that I do some research on Herxheimer's
stain.  Nothing turned up in the archives, so I hope someone can help
me.  She was interested in its properties for staining sebaceous
glands along with making hair visible (esp. in whole mounts).  We know
that oil red is used for this too.  Does anyone have any info on which
would be better for what?  Much of the work I do is focused on hair
follicles, so this would be valuable info.
   thanks,
   (I also apologize for any funny phrasing or bad grammar as I am a
bit under the weather right now)
   Anna
   Core Tech (Dermatology Basic Science Research)
   Columbia Univ Med Center