[Histonet] no answer at Biomeda

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Jan 17 12:40:04 CST 2008

Ya, OK Don't get MEstarted on the bandwagon! Sorry in advance to those Fisher people who know how to do their jobs. But... Our stainer has been down 3 weeks so far, and am still trying to get an answer on when we will get the new part.
With all the mergers, etc. the part number for a specific part has changed 3+ times. With supposedly one part number being valid in the parts and service department, but the Purchasing department computers haven't been updated yet. So the number from parts is invalid and it keeps getting kicked back out. I finally have the part ordered, but now the part is coming through another distributor and will take about "4-6" weeks to get here! I'd just order a new stainer, (ya, we have a decent budget here) but I know it would take at least that long for the stainer to get here. AAAHHHH.  BTW,  Does anyone have a drive motor assembly for an old Baxter GLX/Shandon Linistat GLX their not using? Will pay shipping!   Sorry. The nurses are getting really crabby, and they take it out on us. THI(almost)F.

Claire

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Victoria Baker
Sent: Thu 1/17/2008 8:53 AM
To: Snider, Vivian Deanna
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] no answer at Biomeda

I had a situation a couple of years back where I was purchasing
supplies through Fisher and also experienced LONG waits for receipt of
products.  It turned out that in some instances Fisher has to go
through another distributor as the direct manufacturer will not sell
direct to Fisher.  In the case of Biomeda, I wouldn't think this is
the case however I'd contact your Fisher rep and have him investigate
what is happening.  With all the mergers/buy-outs and switch outs it's
hard to keep track of who owns what that will sell to a certain
distributor that will in the end finally get you the product you
requested before you've retired or gone on to the great reward.

I'm a firm believer in making the sales rep earn 'their keep' as they
need your business, and if your rep isn't helping go to their boss.