[Histonet] Response to On-Call pay

MICHELLE MCNEESE MICHELLE.MCNEESE <@t> childrens.com
Thu Jan 10 06:30:34 CST 2008

Everybody in the US knows exactly what my message was saying, and since
the person doing the survey was US, we can just drop it now as it
doesn't seem as though  Kemlo is going to "get it",  or he is purposely
stubborn.

Michelle L McNeese, HT (ASCP)
Lead Tech, Histology
Department of Pathology
Childrens Medical Center
(214) 456-6146
Email:  michelle.mcneese <@t> childrens.com

>>> "Weems, Joyce" <JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org> 01/10/08 6:11 AM >>>
Do you have any openings... I'll take call!j

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta
404-851-7376
404-851-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Kemlo
Rogerson
Sent: Thu 1/10/2008 4:42 AM
To: Cheri Miller; MICHELLE MCNEESE; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Response to On-Call pay

So she only gets paid if she gets called in and that's only $49 per
hour? $3.0 per hour if she doesn't get called in? What's that in real
money (what's the exchange rate? $4 per £?) even at $2 per £ that's only
£25 per hour isn't it? Rates vary in the UK but no-one works more than
12 hours on call at any one time, must have a break between episodes of
on call and gets about £12,000 per annum ($24,000) for three sessions of
no more than 12 hours on call per month.

Works out about $100 per hour doesn't it?

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311
Mob 07749 754194; Pager 07659 597107;

Don't be afraid to take a big step when one is indicated. You can't
cross a chasm in two small jumps. --Buckminster Fuller

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation