[Histonet] Response to On-Call pay

Weems, Joyce JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org
Thu Jan 10 06:11:13 CST 2008

Do you have any openings... I'll take call!j

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta
404-851-7376
404-851-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Kemlo Rogerson
Sent: Thu 1/10/2008 4:42 AM
To: Cheri Miller; MICHELLE MCNEESE; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Response to On-Call pay

So she only gets paid if she gets called in and that's only $49 per hour? $3.0 per hour if she doesn't get called in? What's that in real money (what's the exchange rate? $4 per £?) even at $2 per £ that's only £25 per hour isn't it? Rates vary in the UK but no-one works more than 12 hours on call at any one time, must have a break between episodes of on call and gets about £12,000 per annum ($24,000) for three sessions of no more than 12 hours on call per month.

Works out about $100 per hour doesn't it?

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311
Mob 07749 754194; Pager 07659 597107;

Don't be afraid to take a big step when one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps. --Buckminster Fuller

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation