[Histonet] RE: Dako Info

Bull, Jennifer L. jennifer.bull <@t> northwestpathology.com
Thu Feb 21 09:56:29 CST 2008

I have confirmed with our local Rep that Dako is no longer going to
carry the Envision. If you are a current customer with a contract with
Dako, they will continue to supply this detection, but they are moving
to the new system and Flex Plus which is more expensive. They are
selling it as a package with all your ancillaries based on $8 to
$8.50/slide. (Almost as costly as Ventana now...) As far as substitutes
go, BioCare sells a Mach 4 detection that is a dual polymer 2-step
system that applies a mouse probe and follows with a rabbit polymer. It
is supposed to me more sensitive than even the Flex. We will be trying
it in the coming week.  Hope this helps!

Jennifer Bull
jennifer.bull <@t> northwestpathology.com