[Histonet] Basic Fuchsin vs. Pararosaniline

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 09:43:06 CST 2008

Basic fuchsin = anilin red = basic rubin = magenta. Is the tri-amino triphenyl methane dyes mixtures of pararosanilin (CI 42500), rosanilin (CI42510) and magenta II in varying proportions.
  Yes, you can use it.
  René J.

Mareike Heimann <mareike <@t> hi.is> wrote:
  Dear all,

I would like to try using the Leder stain for mast cells. Before I buy pararosaniline, which is not available in our lab, I wanted to ask if it is possible to use Basic Fuchsin (which we do have) instead?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Mareike Heimann
University of Iceland