[Histonet] Basic Fuchsin vs. Pararosaniline

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Wed Feb 6 09:05:14 CST 2008

Hi Mareike:

    It depends on how much pararosanaline is in your basic fuchsin.
According to John Kiernan modern samples of BF are almost entirely
pararosanaline or rosanaline. Older samples may also contain new fuchsin
and/or magenta II. If the dye is certified by the Biological Stain
Commission you could contact them and find out what is in your batch. If
it is not certified all you can do it try it or buy a new supply. Again
we see the advantage of using certified dyes.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.