[Histonet] Disposal of waste 10% NBF In Texas

Burrill, Jason Jason.Burrill <@t> crl.com
Mon Feb 4 12:44:04 CST 2008

I am preparing my safety workshop I am giving in Dallas for the Texas
Society for Histotechnology In April and I was trying to determine how
Texas classifies waste 10% neutral buffered formalin, this is a question
that is commonly asked in my workshop.  I like to familiarize myself
with the state regulations if I am providing the training in a
particular state so I e-mailed the Texas Commission of Environmental
Quality and am awaiting a clarified response to their first answer.

Would anyone mind sharing your lab's policy for handling of waste 10%
NBF?   If you prefer to respond to me directly I will keep all responses
confidential.  In my lab we collect it as Non-hazardous waste and it is
sent to a water treatment facility for processing.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Jason Burrill

Sr. Manager, Histology and Laboratory Safety

Charles River Laboratories

251 Ballardvale Street

Wilmington, MA 01887

Ph: 781-222-6152

Fax: 978-988-8793

jason.burrill <@t> crl.com <mailto:jason.burrill <@t> crl.com>

**Please note new direct dial telephone number**