[Histonet] Slide drying

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Mon Dec 22 15:20:38 CST 2008

Richard Allen makes some that dries overnight. It is item # 22 050 102 - sold by ThermoScientific.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 4:07 PM
To: histonet; Martin, Erin
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Slide drying

One way to allow faster drying is to get a more fluid mounting medium. If you use it as it comes from the manufacturer it will take longer. Even if it is toluene based, if you add some xylene and get a really fluid mounting medium you will be able to file the slides sooner, although perhaps not as soon as your pathologists want.
They are always trying for the histotechs to perform miracles and most of their request stem from not knowing how things work in the histology lab. It is a pity.
René J.