[Histonet] Slide drying

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Mon Dec 22 13:29:11 CST 2008

I would suggest filing using the spacer coils and then removing them
after 4-7 days.

Jeanine Bartlett
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Martin,
Erin
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 2:06 PM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Slide drying

Hello everyone,

I was asked to find out how to dry slides quickly.  They are glass
coverslipped in an automated coverslipper at the reference lab we use
and the our docs want them filed in less than 12 hours from the time
they are coverslipped.   We have been putting them in a 125 degree C
convection oven for a few hours but the slides still get all stuck
together in the file.  They will not consider film coverslipping.

Does anyone else file this quickly?  I am grateful for any suggestions!

Erin Martin UCSF Dermatopathology