[Histonet] Slide drying

Martin, Erin Erin.Martin <@t> ucsf.edu
Mon Dec 22 13:06:22 CST 2008

Hello everyone,

I was asked to find out how to dry slides quickly.  They are glass coverslipped in an automated coverslipper at the reference lab we use and the our docs want them filed in less than 12 hours from the time they are coverslipped.   We have been putting them in a 125 degree C convection oven for a few hours but the slides still get all stuck together in the file.  They will not consider film coverslipping.

Does anyone else file this quickly?  I am grateful for any suggestions!

Erin Martin UCSF Dermatopathology