[Histonet] Isopentane

carmen loiselle carmen_loiselle <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:24:36 CST 2008

Hello ,

I currently work in a neuromuscular lab and all muscle biopsies received should be cut frozen, no formalin fixed tissues.  My concern though, is to work with isopentane , a well known excellent heat conductor but also it has the bad reputation of being very explosive.  In fact , I've been told that few years ago, a lab close by of where I work , did explode because of this solution.  Is there , in your knowledge, any other chemical we can use as replacement and that give as good results.

Any input will be greatly appreciated

Merry XMas to all and happy New Year