[Histonet] paraffin processing rat tissue

Danielle Crippen dcrippen <@t> buckinstitute.org
Thu Dec 11 13:30:21 CST 2008

Dear Histo-Experts,

I'm interested in paraffin processing protocols for rat kidneys, spleens
and livers.  Specifically, I'm interested in fixation time (immersion
fixation in formalin) and dehydration and paraffin infiltration times.
I've done some using my best guess based on the thickness of the tissue
and resulting sections (5-7um) have "spaces" in them (after H and E)
which may be due to inadequate fixation or dehydration times (I'm
guessing).  The spaces don't look like tears from sectioning...they look
more like tissue separation...

If you wouldn't mind sharing your protocols with me that would be
WONDERFUL!!!

A thousand thanks in advance!

danielle

Danielle Crippen