[Histonet] IHC on paraformaldehyde-fixed

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Sun Dec 7 16:05:41 CST 2008

Tf,
In answer to you email:
=20
No I do not carry toxic liquid in my car.
But does the PFA powder dissolve easily? My experience is that you need to =
make the solution alkaline then heat it.
I never add methanol to my 10% neutral buffered formalin (it is buffered an=
d diluted ie 10%). The risk of polymerisation of the formalin (since it is =
diluted) and formic acid formation (since it is buffered) is greatly reduce=
d.
=20

Regards=20

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)=20
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist=20
Tel: 612 9845 3306=20
Fax: 612 9845 3318=20
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA=20