[Histonet] Don't think I'm nuts.

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Fri Dec 5 15:00:14 CST 2008

I've noticed that too, although I think I tend to shed hair more in the
summer than in the winter, or when I'm under stress (are your people under
more stress these days perhaps??).  But I have also noticed also that my
nail growth slows down significantly in the winter - I like to keep them as
trim as possible and definitely have to cut them less in winter.

Merced

--On Friday, December 05, 2008 2:43 PM -0500 "Bonner, Janet"
<Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG> wrote:

> The hair loss may be a normal seasonal event, similar to when cats shed
> their coat in the spring and summer.  Did you know that our nails stop
> growing in the darker months?  Instead of having a manicure every two
> weeks, as in the spring and summer, I get one every three weeks in the
> winter months.       Hair loss will cycle and grow back every three
> months or so.     Perhaps everyone has just now been made aware?
>         Janet
>
> Janet L. Bonner, HTL (ASCP)
> Pathology Laboratory
>
> ________________________________

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 BRB (pkgs) / 140 Farber Hall (letters)
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

"Without my flaws I'm really very boring."
- random internet blog commentator