[Histonet] Embedding paraffin blocks

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 14:41:06 CST 2008

Under separate cover I am forwarding data on the subject and, yes, there are differences between types of specimens and that is defined as "the range" of the averages in my article.
René J.

--- On Thu, 12/4/08, Jean Warren <jwarren23 <@t> cinci.rr.com> wrote:

From: Jean Warren <jwarren23 <@t> cinci.rr.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Embedding paraffin blocks
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 1:12 PM

Is there an average number of blocks that a tech should be able to embed in a
defined time period; such as so many blocks per hour? Also, would that number
vary if the tech was embedding biopsies, skin or cones versus large tissue
blocks, such as uterus? I have not seen this information, but I have heard
widely ranging numbers. Thanks

Jean in Cincinnati