[Histonet] Histonet alias

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Wed Dec 3 09:49:40 CST 2008

It is not uncommon for many/most online forums to have users create screennames that they use for their online moniker. You never really know who they are so everybody, unless they want to divulge their identity, stays anonymous. How can we really know all of the registered names on the histonet are real anyway? And why would it matter?

The value of the histonet is information. There are opinions for and against equipment and particular methods. I am not likely to discount good information just because it was given by a company rep, pathologist, med tech, hairdresser, or Mr. Anonymous. I argue that anonymity could be the best opportunity to give the most honest answer to a question posted to the board. It is up to each one of us to evaluate those opinions, take what is important, and leave the rest regardless of who posted it.

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Managing Director Histology Facility
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
1000 E. 50th St.