[Histonet] Neurofilament Question

Jim Manavis jim.manavis <@t> imvs.sa.gov.au
Tue Dec 2 15:58:00 CST 2008

Margaret

Get on to the Covance site as they have the Strenberger Neurofilaments.

Cheers

Jim

Jim Manavis
Laboratory Manager
Hanson Institute
Centre for Neurological Diseases
IMVS, Adelaide, SA, 5000
Australia
Phone: 61-08-8222-3668 / 0401120697
FAX: 61-08-8222 3392
email: jim.manavis <@t> imvs.sa.gov.au
Disclaimer: Not this little black duck!

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Peggy Bisher
Sent: Wednesday, 3 December 2008 7:48 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Neurofilament Question

I have a student who asked if I could post this question to the Histo-list.
I told her how all of you seem to be very helpful and perhaps some of you
know the answer to her question:

Dear all,

I am looking for a good "catch-all" antibody for neuronal intermediate
filaments (NF-L, NF-M and NF-H). Since they're generally expressed
together in each neurofilament I'm not interested in any one of them
specifically, but want to avoid using a cocktail of antibodies, as
this could get expensive. Basically, I just want to show that a subset
of axons contains neurofilaments with a reliable antibody, but the
particular protein or phosphorylation state doesn't matter. Any
suggestions you could offer would be incredibly helpful!

Sincerely, Eve Schneider

Thanks,

Margaret E. Bisher
Electron Microscopy & Histology Core Facility Manager
Department of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Moffett Laboratory, Room 113
Princeton, New Jersey