[Histonet] Neurofilament Question

Peggy Bisher mbisher <@t> Princeton.EDU
Tue Dec 2 15:18:21 CST 2008

I have a student who asked if I could post this question to the Histo-list.
I told her how all of you seem to be very helpful and perhaps some of you
know the answer to her question:

Dear all,

I am looking for a good "catch-all" antibody for neuronal intermediate
filaments (NF-L, NF-M and NF-H). Since they're generally expressed
together in each neurofilament I'm not interested in any one of them
specifically, but want to avoid using a cocktail of antibodies, as
this could get expensive. Basically, I just want to show that a subset
of axons contains neurofilaments with a reliable antibody, but the
particular protein or phosphorylation state doesn't matter. Any
suggestions you could offer would be incredibly helpful!

Sincerely, Eve Schneider

Thanks,

Margaret E. Bisher
Electron Microscopy & Histology Core Facility Manager
Department of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Moffett Laboratory, Room 113
Princeton, New Jersey