[Histonet] Help please from Cerner Millennium users

Cynthia Robinson robinsoc <@t> mercyhealth.com
Fri Aug 29 08:00:56 CDT 2008

We have Cerner Millennium and we do things the way you explain with no problem.  We have had discussions regarding the split of cytology and tissue and the way it looks on reports.  We now use Cerner PowerChart on the clinical side so that has helped physicians with finding all the reports.  Would you like to discuss options off this discussion thread about statistic capture, cytotech involvement, database report management I would be happy to chat with you?

Cindi Robinson, HT(ASCP)
MMC-Sioux City
Dunes Medical Laboratories
350 W Anchor Dr
Dakota Dunes SD 57049
712-279-2768

>>> <Cathy.Crumpton <@t> tuality.org> 8/29/2008 7:02 AM >>>

   We are six weeks into go live with Cerner Mil= lennium and our Medical
   Director  (who  could  not be bothered to give much in= put during the
   build)  has  suddenly  decided that the way Millennium splits u= p our
   fluids  and  tissues  is  "unacceptable".   She has real issues with    bronch  bx  and washings being taken in the same procedure but getting
   separa= te SP and CY accession numbers.  We have done what we could on
   our end= by keeping the specimens together when they are turned out to
   the  patholog=  ists  and  by  making  order  comments  on  each  case
   referencing  the  other  access= ion number.  My question is, how have
   other labs handled this issue?&n= bsp; Is this as big of a deal as she
   is  making  it  out  to be?  The path= ologist who did give some input
   into  our  build did not seem to have a probl= em with this and helped
   us find our current solution.  What have other= 's experiences been?