[Histonet] Cytology sendout

Sue Barnes SBarnes <@t> elch.org
Wed Aug 27 09:04:26 CDT 2008

We would answer it as NA, we don't do gyn cytology in house and this is how we answered each tme.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Vacca
Jessica
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:02 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cytology sendout

For those of you that DO NOT do cytology in-house- How do you answer the
question for
CYP.07690
Are 90% of reports on routine non-gynecologic cytology cases completed
within 2 working days of receipt by the laboratory performing the
evaluation?

We send all non-gyn cyto's to a reference lab with 2 pick up's a day.
1230 and 1430. Usually we can get specimens back by the next day and to
the Dr's to sign out by the 2 day TAT. But what if you are at the mercy
of your reference lab? Do you make a clause for all specimens in the
event that this is happening.