[Histonet] Coverslippers and Hematoxylin and OT

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Fri Aug 15 09:31:35 CDT 2008

Tape coverslipper - I use the KP brand tape (sold by Mercedes Medical)
on my Sakura and it works exactly like the name brand and is a longer
roll for less money.  In the dry NM air, I just make sure that there are
3-4 drops of xylene (no substitutes!) per slide and I have no lifting,
no drying and I can file them immediately.

Hematoxylin - I really recommend you try the Surgipath SelecTech H&E
system!  My pathologists (3) love it and the hematoxylin is good for
something like 2500 slides - the eosin is good for 1500 slides.  Long
shelf life (about 2 years), very economical and the staining is
exceptional.

This IS Friday, so send your donations to my Wealthy Medical Dudette
("WMD") Fund in any amount over $10.  I have 2 years to get enough money
for that beach house in Costa Rica with internet connection!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700