[Histonet] Microwave fixation of whole organs

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Fri Aug 15 09:17:45 CDT 2008

LOL!  My Friday cure for the blues....

(no pun intended....!)

--On Friday, August 15, 2008 2:55 PM +0100 Kemlo Rogerson
<Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk> wrote:

> I regularly fix whole organs in the microwave usually muscle. The secret
> is to make sure that you don't microwave too quickly and that you make
> sure you catch the juices. This can be used to make nice gravy to pour
> over it.
>
> Micro-waved fish biopsies coated with breadcrumbs are good but I can't
> get cured pig skin to become crispy.
>

> Kemlo Rogerson
> Pathology Manager
>
> This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
> recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
> distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
> its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
> Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
> Thank you for your co-operation

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 BRB (Lee Lab) / 140 Farber Hall (mail)
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

In order to put yourself in someone else's shoes,
you must first take off yours.