[Histonet] Substitute Hematoxylin Dyes

Thomas Jasper tjasper <@t> copc.net
Thu Aug 14 11:16:10 CDT 2008

Hey Deanna,

We tested the Phoenix Blue here...just in case.  Pathologist feedback
was basically - it works, I can read it if I need to, not as crisp as
the H and E we run.
Just curious...are you unable to obtain your regular hematoxylin?  I was
under the impression that this whole shortage thing was going to come to
an end fairly soon.

Tom J.

Thomas Jasper HT (ASCP) BAS
Histology Supervisor
Central Oregon Regional Pathology Services
Bend, OR 97701
541/693-2677
tjasper <@t> copc.net

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Snider,
Vivian Deanna
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:00 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Substitute Hematoxylin Dyes

Dear Netters,

What are you substituting for Hematoxylin?  I have narrowed it down to 2
I want to research; The Tango Stain, from Anatech and Phoenix Blue
Nuclear Stain, ordered from Fisher.  Is anyone familiar with either of
these stains?  If so, what are the positive/negatives about each one?
Are the results as comparable to the actual Hematoxylin dye?  I have
searched the net for images of a completed stain, to no avail.  Any
information will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

Deanna Leslie HT ASCP

Lead Histotechnician

Histology Research Laboratory

Shriners Hospital for Children

Cincinnati, OH

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments
may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, (or
authorized to receive for the recipient) you are hereby notified that
you have received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents
is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments and contact
the sender by reply e-mail or telephone (813) 281-8100.