[Histonet] Frozen sample storage

Cathy Malcontenti-Wilson c.malcontenti-wilson <@t> unimelb.edu.au
Sun Apr 20 19:20:17 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I would like some opinions on the storage of oct embedded tissues. These
samples of animal tissues are embedded into 1 x 1cm pieces of oct and
sit in a vial containing isopentane, and have been stored at -20 degrees
for around 6 months. The freezer is only used for long term storage and
so isn't opened very often (perhaps once per month). In the past I have
stored my oct embedded tissues like this at -70 degrees. What would be
your opinion of the antigenicity in these tissues if they were to be
used for immunohistochemistry??

Thanks

Cathy