[Histonet] need help with PAP stain

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Sun Apr 20 13:52:09 CDT 2008

Hello everyone

I need to run a pap stain on some saliva samples and I don't know where
to begin.  I know this seems like a silly question, but I have done some
searching on the net and there are quite a few protocols with different
reagents.  Its not a large project for us, I only need to run about 30
to 40 slides and was hoping to purchase a kit that would contain the
hematoxylin, OG-6 and EA-50 but the only one I can find is the one from
thermo the rapid chrome pap staining kit but I can't seem to find a
vendor that sells it.  If possible I would like to purchase pints of
these reagents rather than gallons. Any advice as to what reagents to
purchase and a protocol would be helpful.  Also advice on what the stain
should look like would help too.

Thanks in advance

Liz

Manager