[Histonet] Snap Freezing of Lymph Nodes for RNA testing

Gayle Callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Wed Apr 16 19:20:36 CDT 2008

It may be better to use a transportable Dewar flask for just the liquid
nitrogen.  I don't think a doctors office will want to handle isopentane,
too volatile, flammable and explosive.  Contact or maybe those on Histonet
in dermatopathology offices have ways to do this for biopsies they collect,
freeze and ship.

Good luck

Gayle M. Callis
HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)
Bozeman MT 59715

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norm Burnham" <Norm.Burnham <@t> propathlab.com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:50 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Snap Freezing of Lymph Nodes for RNA testing

Hi Histonet,

Does anyone have a simple, inexpensive and very portable method for snap
freezing lymph nodes in preparation for shipment on dry ice?  We have
considered Liquid Nitrogen and Isopentane bath, but I am looking for a fully
portable method that can be handled in a doctors office by their staff.

Thanks,

Norm Burnham

____________________________________

Norm Burnham
Director of Laboratory Operations
ProPath - The Leader in Pathology Services(r)

8267 Elmbrook Drive, Suite 100
Dallas, TX  75247
214.237.1602 Office
214.237.1802 Fax

214.709.7127 Cell

Email:  norm.burnham <@t> propath.com <mailto:norm.burnham <@t> propath.com>

To learn more about ProPath, please visit www.ProPath.com
<http://www.ProPath.com>

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you think
you have received this e-mail
in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this
e-mail immediately.