[Histonet] RE: Ki-67 and Caspase 3

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Wed Apr 16 13:52:17 CDT 2008

James,Go for rabbit monoclonal clone SP6 (Thermo, Vector) for Ki67 antibody that and rabbit anti-caspase-3 antibody from Cell Signalling. Both antibodies works on many different species.Your cryostat tissue section from fresh frozen blocks should be well dried (overnight, RT, under a fan) and fixed in NBF for 5 min at RT. Acetone-fixation makes your positive nuclei very blurry and diffuse. Wash 3-4x with TBS (or PBS) and start your immuno.Cheers, ChrisChris van der Loos, PhD
Dept. of Pathology
Academic Medical Center M2-230
Meibergdreef 9
NL-1105 AZ Amsterdam
The NetherlandsDate: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:15:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Dooley <jdooley2008 <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Ki-67 and Caspase 3
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

I would like to measure both proliferation and apoptosis. Can  anyone recommend a good Ki-67 antibody of use on fresh frozen tissue to measure proliferation and an antibody for activated caspase 3 for apoptosis on mouse tissue. Please not fixation used if possible. I apologize for the confusion with my previous e-mail.
Thank you,
James