[Histonet] background of H&E staining

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 08:47:11 CDT 2008

This usually happens when washing is incomplete and some residual acid pH remains on the section that causes the fading over some time.
  René J.

"FU,DONGTAO" <fudo <@t> ufl.edu> wrote:
  Hi, all

Our PI complained about our H&E staining recently. He found the
slides we did for him changed color(within a month), the whole
slides turn to yellow, although the staining is still there and
looks good. I searched for some websites for the answer, but could
not find it.

Does anyone know the reason why the background of slides changed
color? We did it in the general way which worked well in the past.
And the reagents are not expired. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ann