[Histonet] Antigen retrieval

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 08:42:33 CDT 2008

Hi Kim,

  I have done overnight retreival on a few occasions (although it was at 60-65 and not 80), wtih very good success.  I have done it in an oven, with the lids from the tissue tek plastic dishes taped on or covered in foil.  It probably does not matter if it is an oven or a waterbath, as long as you are confident that the temperature can be maintained properly.

  Another note, I have also done this with high-pH retreival (10-10.5 or so) solution, which is fine as long as the tissues are not too fatty, otherwise they can not survive such long times at that pH.

  Good luck,
  Kim Merriam

Kim O'Sullivan <Kim.Osullivan <@t> med.monash.edu.au> wrote:
  Hi Gayle, Renee and others,

Thanks for the reply's. I am staining for KIM-1/TIM-1 and all the literature states that it has to be subjected to antigen retrieval at 80 degree's celsius overnight,- I was just worried that I would come back to the lab the next day to find either the lab had burned down or my tissue ruined!

Kim