[Histonet] Histology vacancies

Akemi Allison-Tacha akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 14:35:29 CDT 2008

Hello Dan in Danville,

Having worked and lived in the SF Bay Area for a
number of years, and in Danville too, I know exactly
what you are talking about!  I agree with everything
you and Patti stated.

You may or may not be aware of it, but Governor Arnold
Schwarzenegger has mandated that ALL laboratory staff
working in health care, be certified by 2009, or was
it 2010.  This includes histologists.  I know of a
number of histologists that are not certified in CA,
and this is going to cause a huge problem, as well as
further shortages in histology laboratories.  NY has
been dealing with this issue too.

Akemi Allison-Tacha, BS, HT(ASCP)HTL
Client Services Manager
PhenoPath laboratories