[Histonet] microwave processors

Stephanie Weaver sweaver <@t> tvmdl.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 9 15:25:29 CDT 2008

I am considering purchasing a microwave processor for our histo lab.  I would like to be able to process up to 100 cassettes of various tissues (no nervous tissue and limited fatty tissues) in about 3 hours.  I work in a veterinary diagnostic lab so budget is a factor.  There is a large variety of options from a simple microwave with processing baskets, to the Tissue-Tek Xpress series and a huge range of prices as well.  Is it possible to get decent quality with the modified lab microwaves?  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for me?  Information from sales reps is welcome also.

Thanks in advance,
Stephanie