[Histonet] Alzheimer stain

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 11:41:25 CDT 2008

I use the following procedure for Bielschowsky:
  1- silver solution (20% aq.)
  2- 0.39% aq. formaldehyde (developer)
  3- 0.28% aq. ammonium hydroxide (interrupter)
  4- 5% aq. sodium thiosulfate (reducing solution).
  I never used sodium carbonate
  René J.

Behnaz Sohrab <SohrabB1 <@t> ah.org> wrote:
  Question regarding Sodium Carbonate Solution in Bielschowsky method for Alzheimer. Can I substitute Carbonate? Or any one has a better method for this stain? ( I do not have Sodium Carbonate, and no time to order it).
Thanks,Behnaz