[Histonet] Re: notch-1

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Tue Sep 18 12:27:39 CDT 2007

>>Hello All,
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has successfully done
Notch-1 staining on paraffin sections. If there is, would they be able
could you tell me of the antibody, fixation/embedding protocol, and
subsequent
treatments, if any. I have tried 3 Santa cruz antibodies unsuccessfully
and we were wondering if it is something about the antibodies or the
protocol!!! Thanks a lot

Valeria

Berno Valeria, PhD<<

We have had some success using cleaved Notch-1 (Cell Signaling, V1744)
using Bouin's fixed E9 mouse embryo, and immunostaining with tyramide
amplification. We originally got the materials and methods from Raphael
Kopan's lab at Wash. University in St. Louis. We were never able to get
staining in formalin fixed material.

I think it's difficult stuff to get to consistently work in paraffin
embedded materials.

Good luck!

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Managing Director Histology Facility