[Histonet] a funny for Friday

Reuel Cornelia Reuel.Cornelia <@t> tsrh.org
Fri Sep 14 11:11:21 CDT 2007

 man goes into a pet shop and tells the owner that he wants to buy a pet
that can do everything.

The owner says "How about a dog?" The man replies "Come on, a dog can't
do everything."

The owner says "How about a cat?"

The man replies: "No way! A cat certainly can't do everything. I want a
pet that can do everything!

The owner thinks for a minute. Then says: "I've got it! ... A centipede!"

The man says: "Centipede? ... I can't imagine a centipede doing everything
but  ... okay ... I'll try a centipede." He gets the centipede home and
says to the centipede "Clean the kitchen."

Thirty minutes later, he walks into the kitchen and ...  it's immaculate.
All the dishes and silverware have been washed, dried, and put away.
The countertops cleaned. The appliances sparkling. The floor waxed. He's
absolutely amazed.

He says to the centipede "Go clean the living room."

Twenty minutes later, he walks into the living room. The carpet has been
vacuumed. The furniture cleaned and dusted. The pillows on the sofa
plumped. Plants watered. The man thinks to himself "This is the most
amazing thing I've ever seen. This is a pet that can really do everything."

He says to the centipede: "Run down to the corner and get me a newspaper."

The centipede walks out the door. 10 minutes later ... no centipede.
20 minutes later ... no centipede. 30 minutes later ... no centipede.

The man is wondering what's going on. The centipede should have been
back in a couple of minutes. 45 minutes later ... still no centipede The
man can't imagine what could have happened. Did the centipede run away? Did

it get run over by a car? Where is the centipede?

He goes to the front door, opens it ... and there's the centipede sitting
right outside the door. The man says "Hey!!! I sent you 45 minutes ago
to run down to the corner and just get me a newspaper. What's the story?!"

The centipede says "I'm goin'! I'm goin'! I'm puttin' on my shoes!

Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children is one of the nation's leading pediatric centers for the
treatment of orthopedic conditions, certain related neurological disorders and learning disorders,
such as dyslexia.  This email transmission and/or its attachments may contain confidential health
information, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.

The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing it to any other party unless
required to do so by law and is required to delete/destroy the information after its stated need has
been fulfilled.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action
taken in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is prohibited.  If you have received this
information in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this information.

We appreciate your efforts to protect the children's confidential information.